Eligibility criteria and application requirements:
Potential ESRs may not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Turkey for more than 12 months in the three years immediately before the date of recruitment. In other words, if the potential ESRs who have been in Turkey 12 months and more over the past 3 years before applying to the programme, will be considered as ineligible. This will be checked during the application stage based on the applicants’ passports (if you have used more than one passports over the past three years you are required to share the relevant pages). Also at the date of recruitment, researchers must be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers. That is to say, applicants will be in the first four years after their completion of the Master’s degree, might have started a Ph.D. programme but not yet have been awarded a Ph.D. (the gap between the date of obtaining the Master degree and the date to apply to the programme can be maximum 4 years). Also, time spent as part of a procedure for obtaining refugee status under the Geneva Convention1, compulsory national service and/or short stays such as holidays are not taken into account.
Applicants can apply to more than one research topic (up to three research topics offered by hosting universities) and will be assigned to one of those based on her/his priority and scoring/ranking.
Each applicant must submit an application containing the following information and documents for:
General Eligibility Requirements
Documents need to be submitted:
- Digital copy with under graduate and master degree certificates and the respective official transcription in English for both; Bachelor and MSc Degree must be in the following departments: Mechanical Engineering, Materials and/or Metallurgy Engineering, Aerospace and/or Aviation Engineering, Aeronautical Engineering, Astronautical Engineering. Please note that, ESR5 offered by Gazi University can only accept students who did their undergraduate and/or MSc in Physics or Photonics.
- If applicable, the candidate should send by mail an official document – issued by the HEI that awarded the Master diploma - stating the candidate relative position in the corresponding graduation course, i.e. top 5%, 10% or 20% of his/her Bologna second cycle (Master) studies.
- Detailed CV and a motivation letter (in English); CV may include background, awards, scholarships, meetings, publications etc. Please read the Guide for Evaluator for the information to be included. The letter of intention should be included in the CV. They must specify the applied subject and Universities/Institutes.
- Two letters of recommendation; Two references must be submitted. It will be recommended to take references from faculty members (including your thesis advisor) and managers who knows the applicant’s academic skills and experiences.
- Description of the intended doctoral research and eventual preference for research theme/topics (3 choices from the list).
- For admission, candidates must submit a copy of Master degree (120 ECTS) in the relevant fields awarded by a College, University or Technical School with recognized standing.
- Additional information supporting the applicant’s ability: academic record, professional experience in multidisciplinary environment and qualification (previous experience of practical laboratory, publications).